A vintage neo-gothic painted polychrome cast sculpture frieze, depicting the fourteenth Station of the Cross, in which Jesus is laid in the tomb. Attributed to Atelier Cuypers-Stoltzenberg Studio(1852-1947), this frieze on wood is from St Mary's German Catholic Church, in McKeesport, Pennsylvania which was demolished in 1997 after closing in 1993. A magnificent piece of salvaged art, now a part of history.
This frieze is amongst hundreds of pieces of art that are available at our showroom in Grandview! Come in today and see the full collection.